Dear MPEG and JVT experts,
I’d like to inform you about some information regarding the MPEG/JVT meeting next week (http://mpeg77.itec.uni-klu.ac.at/):
(1) Accommodation: Due to the Ironman competition which has been shifted to weekend prior to the meeting, some delegates had problems finding a hotel (especially for this weekend). We received this information too late in order to perform any action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. I hope everyone was able to find a hotel for the meeting period. For those who haven’t booked via “Kärnten Incoming”, please provide us the name of the hotel where you’re staying. This information is required for the shuttle service (see second bullet). Please send an Email to Martina (email@example.com) if you haven’t done it already.
(2) Shuttle service: there will be a shuttle service bringing delegates from predefined bus stops (near the hotels) to the University and vice versa. The schedule can be found soon (by tomorrow at the latest) on the meeting homepage under LogisticsàLocal Transport: http://mpeg77.itec.uni-klu.ac.at/logistics/Transport/. Please check out this information before leaving to the meeting.
(3) Room allocation: the room allocation for the AhG meetings, MPEG/JVT meeting, and SC29 plenary can be found under Meeting Rooms: http://mpeg77.itec.uni-klu.ac.at/meetingrooms/. If you (especially the chairs) would like to see any changes (e.g., for the AhG meetings), please send me a short message.
(4) Network information/how-to: the network
information is available since a couple of weeks and the actual network how-to
will be available soon. There will be wireless and also – to a certain extent –
wired access in all meeting rooms. For wired access it is advisable to bring
your own RJ45 cable with you. There are also a couple of RJ45 plugs at the
University where you can get wired access to the Internet. Please note that you
need the current MPEG and JVT username/password combination for gaining access
to the universities’ campus network. The MPEG username/password combination has
been distributed among the HoDs. If you don’t know this information, please
contact your HoD. The JVT username/password combination has been distributed by
(5) Demo session: There will be a demo session on Monday afternoon/evening (3-8 pm) accompanied with a light welcome reception (sandwiches and drinks). Please join the demos from DANAE (http://danae.rd.francetelecom.com/), Adactus (http://www.adactus.no/), ON DEMAND Microelectronics AG (http://www.odm.at/), M3-Systems (http://www.m3-systems.com/en), and the Department of Information Technology (http://www.ifi.uni-klu.ac.at/ITEC).
(6) Lunch/social event: Lunches will be
provided to the delegates from Monday until Friday at the Universities’
Restaurant (Mensa). The social event will be held at Minimundus - the miniature
(7) Weather (forecast): Please check-out the
weather forecast before leaving to the
(8) Side events: There are a couple of side events (not organized by us) in which delegates might be interested.
Finally, the opening hours for the registration/hospitality desk are as follows:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards and seeing you
(on behalf of the organization team)
:- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- T +43/463/2700 Ext. 3621
:- E christian.timmerer(at)itec.uni-klu.ac.at
:- W research.timmerer.com
>> Visit the IT campus Carinthia